"Updating the young minds in a Learning atmosphere about the Knowledge of Plant Sciences for Human Welfare"
- To develop extensive knowledge in different fields of Botany.
- To develop creative thinking, scientific reasoning, competent knowledge to congregate the Global opportunities.
- To develop realistic skills in the field of Applied/Allied aspects - Horticulture, Floriculture and Nursery to facilitate entrepreneurships.
- To create awareness on Therapeutic values of Medicinal plants for Human Welfare.
- To employ newer approaches through professional ethics towards community development.
Brief History of the Department:
- The department of Botany was established in the academic year 1982-83 under the headship of Prof. K.L.Radhamani
- The department of Botany is having an area of 165 sq. mt. comprising of staff room, Laboratories (02), Museum and a preparation room.
- Department is equipped with laboratory instruments of good quality, Glass -wares and chemicals.
- Department is maintaining a ‘Department library’.
- Students are accessible to make use of these books.
- The department has initiated student’s projects, seminars on various issues both in science and technology, quiz in order to inculcate the General and Research interest and updating knowledge among the students at UG level.
- The department uses special aids for identification of plants through punch cards, by artificial taxonomic keys and Herbaria.
- The department has employed innovative teaching concepts through ICT. Besides, the department has internet facilities to update the knowledge among both teachers & students.
- The department successfully completed a Minor research project on Ethno Pharmacological study of medicinal plants at Siddara betta—A religious Hillock of Tumkur during the years 2013-2015, Karnataka.
- Department organized UGC Sponsored two day workshop on Techniques in Molecular Biotechnology and Bio-Informatics on 25th & 26TH August 2015
- The department organizes guest Lectures periodically.
|Faculty Name:||G. Chidananda Murthy|
|Designation:||Assistance Professor & Head|
|Contact No & Email:|| 9964096570
|Area of Interest / Specialization:||Paleo botany and palynology|
|Teaching Experience:||P 28 years|
|Research Experience:||2 years, persuing Phd at priest university on "Interaction of Mycorrhiza on selected medicinal plants"|
|Contact No & Email:|| 9738706988
|Area of Interest / Specialization:|| Embryology, Ecology & plant physiology
RESEARCH TOPIC ON : Isolation, Purification, Characterization and Comparative study of peroxidase from different plant samples.
|Teaching Experience:||12 years|
|Contact No & Email:||8904908575
|Area of Interest/Specialization:||Medicinal Plants and Cytology
Had undergone a 1 month project and training on the Physico-Chemical; Analysis of Avaragere Lake water,� Davangere University, Davanagere
|Teaching Experience:||03 years|
|Qualification:|| M.sc., B.Ed. , SLET.
Registered for PhD in the University of Mysore.
|Contact No & Email:||7349440619
|Area of Interest/Specialization:||
Taxonomy and Ethanobotany. |
|RESEARCH EXPERIENCE:||4 years in the field of Phyto-chemistry, Anti-oxidants, Anti-inflammatory activity, Nano-particles synthesis and characterization.
Presentation of 8 papers at National conference
|TEACHING EXPERIENCE:||05 years
|Contact No & Email:||9964028173
|Area of Interest/Specialization:||ytology,Immunology,Genetics, Taxonomy,Medicinal plants|
|Teaching Experience:||06 years|